Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lodgings for Las Vegas Trip

Zen Center of Las Vegas
So, I said in the last post that I was going to be staying at an unusual place while I'm in Las Vegas - I didn't even think about booking a room, because that would put me over the top financially - I want to get to this gig with as little financial hassle as possible.  So, I was wondering what I would do when it occurred to me that Las Vegas not only has its own Zen center, 5 minutes from the strip, but it's part of the Kwan Um School of Zen, of which I am a member.  Talked to someone from the center yesterday and he was totally all like, "yeah, come stay with us - we have to charge a room fee but it will probably be something like 30-dollars a night."  Okay!  I can't wait to see this place - I've seen tantalizing images like the one on this post, but I'm sure it's going to be a visual treat, as well as a relaxing way to stay in Las Vegas.  And the best part is I get to spend time with my precepts teacher, Thom Pastor, who helped me take my first five.

So, Zen center, huh?  Not much room for shenanigans at the center, but there's still the conference!  I'm going to wear just a bathing suit while I'm there, because there is going to be beaucoup pool action there, I just know it!
Me and Thom Pastor, after taking my first five precepts

No comments:

Post a Comment